Friday, September 22, 2006

Food in KL


One of the must try while in KL was the A&W. They sort of closing down the places in JB as well as in Singapore. But the root beer that we had in KL was kind of flat. Guess someone let the gas out.
Other food that we had was the pie at Dome Cafe. Dont really see it in JB anymore since they shut down the place in City Square.

We also tried out a penang restaurant in One Utama which was not bad but dont recommend you their Ice Kachang. Dont know why but they put cocnut milk in them. Really spoils the taste. Heard from friend that Penang food normally will try to put coconut milk in everything.

Will have to justify that one day when we head to Penang..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your friend get the facts right.

I am a Penangite and I don't think I have never tried ice kacang with coconut milk. It's usually evaporated milk... not coconut milk (aka santan).

If you want good Penang food, always go to Penang. Unlike Thai food, western or Hainanese (etc etc)... Penang food is best done and understood by Penangites. I don't think I've tried a single good Penang char koay teow, penang asam laksa, penang koay teow th'ng, penang hokkien mee, penang rojak or even penang chee cheong fun... outside of Penang.

Just ask anyone from Penang! ;)

Cheers,
Kenny T
http://read-my.blogspot.com